Last year for Big Bad Wolf???

What's in planning, what's being built now, what's rumored.

Moderator: illinois

kidcoaster
Park Management
Custom Title: FEAR IS GOOD

Last year for Big Bad Wolf???

Post by kidcoaster » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:59 pm

I hope not but I am hearing from several site that thi swill be the last year for the big Bad Wolf and that it could close as early as July and may be replaced with a B&M Flyer. All I can say is I hope not.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/busch_g ... msburg.htm

DBru
Over 48"

Re: Last year for Big Bad Wolf???

Post by DBru » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:31 pm

It would break my heart if they removed BBW, before I ever got to ride it...

Arrow suspendeds are my favorite type of coaster (so much FUN!), and with this AND Flight Deck rumored to be on the way out...well, it's just not good.
-Daniel

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:35 pm

I hope not as it's one coaster that I've wanted to ride since the 80's and would really suck to miss it by a year.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

NCook79
Over 52"

Post by NCook79 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:43 pm

Would they really do that though? It's SO popular, and by far the best suspended I've ridden. I've only seen this rumor on Screamscape, and that site's not the last word on reliability. I'm just sayin.

kidcoaster
Park Management

Post by kidcoaster » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:47 pm

Its on BGEscape too.
The legendary Big Bad Wolf has terrorized the backwoods of Busch Gardens Williamsburg for 25 years, but is park management poised to huff, and puff, and blow this beloved classic down? Distant rumors seem to think that this season could indeed be the Big Bad Wolf's last. Anyone familiar with the ride's operation knows full well the maintenance nightmare the ride has become, with all of its parts entirely customized and requiring frequent work. Could these maintenance inconveniences spell doom for this Busch Gardens staple?

With other rumors suggesting a possible new country in the works for the old Drachen Fire area, this new rumor might just fit the bill. Manta is already off to a huge success after only a few weeks of operation, and Big Bad Wolf's footprint would offer just the kind of terrain and access to water that a Manta-inspired-sibling would necessitate.

All I have to say is that I truly hope this is an off-the-wall rumor that ends up being entirely false. I have a very special place in my heart for BBW since it was my very first coaster at age 9. It scared the crap out of me. I didn't ride another coaster until I was like 13. Its final drop towards the Rhine is iconic in the theme park arena. It will be deeply missed if this is true. There is nothing better than ending a satisfying day at BGW with a terrifying dash through the woods in pitch black on the menacing Big Bad Wolf. I seriously doubt that a polished B&M flyer, however fantastic it may end up being, would provide that same element of fear and suspense. Just in case this is its last year of operation, go get your rides in now. It might be your last chance to tackle the mythical Big Bad Wolf. I swear, that land is cursed...

http://www.bgescape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1554

Well Reading that whole topic all signs point to its removal. I really hope this is still just a rumor as it was the best coaster in the park IMO and that drop and turn over the Rhine is just pure bliss.

Greg
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Am I negative?

Post by Greg » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Waterboy, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Greg

kidcoaster
Park Management

Post by kidcoaster » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm

I think I know what waterboy is thinking who is thinking what you are thinking :lol:

Voyage_freak
Kiddie Rider

Post by Voyage_freak » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:02 pm

This would be a shame, I haven't gotten to bush gardens yet there, and need that coaster credit.. grrr

Waterboy
Ride Operator
Custom Title: Make me WET!

Post by Waterboy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:49 pm

I'm thinking NOOOOOO!

This would be a big mistake. It is such a classic ride.

PLEASE GOD NO.

wb

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:52 pm

If they have to take it out all I ask is to wait one more year so Bond, I and the rest of the -G summer roadtrip can hit it next year.

I know I'll love it and after Bond devoured Top Gun, I mean Flight Deck I know he'll love BBW.

Have Fun

Paul

kidcoaster
Park Management

Post by kidcoaster » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:05 am

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:55 am

Yeah I'm kind of pissed off about this. This is just like the Zambezi Zinger...missed it by one year.

Have Fun

Paul

Coasterville
Over 48"

Post by Coasterville » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:26 pm

My personal sore spot is Opryland. It was a park that always got put on the back burner when planning coaster trips. (It's only 4 hours away, and it's not goign anywhere, its in good hands). We talked about going to Opryland so many times, always shoved it back on the pile for a more exciting coaster trip. Then all of a sudden, it closed down.

I got to ride Big Bad Wolf once or twice in 1994. It sa neat Arrow suspended, that proves theming and setting can make the ride, from the Bavarian Villiage Rampage, to the Rhine River Drop.

I do wonder why they are getting ride of Big Bad Wolf, instead of that big disused hunk of Arrow Coaster sitting off behind the Festhaus. (Oh, and yes, I have the Drachen Fire credit!, shortest line in the park that day!)

kidcoaster
Park Management

Post by kidcoaster » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:39 pm

I am already putting plans in place to pay this Big Bad Boy one last visit.

ohdaddeee
Over 36"

Post by ohdaddeee » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:57 pm

that news makes me want to cry. i remember reading about BBW in a magazine when I was a kid, and wanted to ride it. Luckily I visited BG in April 2008 and got to ride BBW several times. Man, it sure was fun. I was hoping it would be there forever, it fits into the theme of the park so well. What a shame. But I understand, if it costs too much to maintain, then it's time to say goodbye. Wish I would have bought that BBW t-shirt when I was there - it had a silouhette of the cars flying around a corner, which doubled as a profie picture of a wolf's mouth. So cool.