The Schafers Head off to Silverwood 8-20 8-24

Write about your adventures, your experiences, your fun at amusement parks, theme parks, coasters and pretty much anywhere else.

Moderator: illinois

MattS1974
Kiddie Rider

Re: The Schafers Head off to Silverwood 8-20 8-24

Post by MattS1974 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:08 pm

So my final thoughts on this years trip compared to last years. Silverwood is a great local park... an ok regional park... but a horrible destination park... Let me explain. One Train ops on the rollercoaster "SUCKS"... Even SFMM has at least two trains running on most coasters during peak season. I know Tatsu and Apocalypse are horrible with one train running but X2, Goliath, and even Ninja were running two trains... So that alone for me turns Silverwood into a horrible destination park... What saves it though is the love shown by the cast members... Everyone hustling trying to get everyone on and off as quickly as possible. Anytime I wanted to chat with the ride ops or grounds maintenance they always took time for me to chat up "shop".... so much so that I knew how many people they were expecting, how many they expect on a normal day... Or what plant that is or even saying... "They used to look better but the storm took a beating on them." It's the love shown by the members that makes Silverwood special.... Could be ever been a "Destination" park? You bet... put two trains on the coasters... build an "Outlaw Run" like coaster and a hotel and this place would give SDC, Dollywood, and Holiday World a run for their money.... then only thing holding them back then is the weather from Nov. through March where there is 6-18 inches of snow on the ground and way below freezing most of the time... there is always something ;) Until Spring break and my next trip report...

Greg
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Am I negative?

Post by Greg » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:18 pm

Your photos of Mt. Hood and the Columbia have me longing for Oregon. Thanks for reminding me to get there this year. Oh, thanks for the Silverwood too.
Greg

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:04 pm

One of these years I will get out there.
Life is short....have fun!