SFSL 4-5-14

Write about your adventures, your experiences, your fun at amusement parks, theme parks, coasters and pretty much anywhere else.

Moderator: illinois

Greg
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Am I negative?

SFSL 4-5-14

Post by Greg » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Thoughts on opening day:

The entry gates are new with the biometric scanners in place. Entry was very slow. I noticed some guests were asked to scan a finger, but not us. Not sure why.

The Eagle had a significant amount of retracking and is running as smooth as ever, not to mention the airtime. I'm very impressed. Ryder rode for the first time today. He would have stayed on all day, but we only rode five times, including the first train of the season.

The midways are a mess due to construction. Hopefully they will repave them soon.

Season pass coupon books are no longer given. All benefits are loaded onto the pass.

Skyscreamer was running backwards. No thank you!

Batman's new paint looks terrific.

Meal plan is up to $75 so we are not buying any this year.

Tsunami Soaker is a very big ride. I believe it's scheduled to open in late May. I'm not at all excited about it, but hope the public is. I am excited to see how they finish off that area, as it's a construction zone now and it's hard to tell how it will really be when completed.

While we were there from 10:30-1:00 the following rides did not operate: Boomerang, Colossus, Boss. Everything else seemed up and running.

Our ride count for the 2.5 hours we were there includes:
5 Eagle
1 Superman
1 Mine Train
1 Moon Cars
1 Am thunder (seemed a bit sluggish today, but fun as always)
1 Shazaam
1 Scooby Doo (not all of the targets were lit up and working, but still enjoyed it)
1 Train

We had a great first visit and were able to chat with both Dave Roemer, park GM, and Chris Dwyer, head of operations (I think).

It was a great first visit. Maybe we will head back tomorrow evening as Ryder is already asking to ride the Eagle some more.
Greg

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Re: SFSL 4-5-14

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Greg wrote:Thoughts on opening day:

The entry gates are new with the biometric scanners in place. Entry was very slow. I noticed some guests were asked to scan a finger, but not us. Not sure why.
Greg I'm surprised they even ask you for your pass as they have to know you by now. ;-)
Greg wrote:The Eagle had a significant amount of retracking and is running as smooth as ever, not to mention the airtime. I'm very impressed. more.
Sweet! I love it when the Eagle get some love from Six Flags.

Score some pictures next time but a great TR. I am looking forward to hitting SFSTL with you many times this summer.

Have fun!

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

TNT
Over 48"

Post by TNT » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:46 pm

Greg wrote: We had a great first visit and were able to chat with both Dave Roemer, park GM, and Chris Dwyer, head of operations (I think).
You are correct Dwyer is the Director of Operations.

Glad you had a great time.

Not sure if you noticed but part of the parking lot got paved yesterday. The park is slowly improving.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:05 pm

What no more bottoming out my van in the parking lot? No more potholes that put those on the Dan Ryan expressway in Chicago to shame? Wow!

TNT
Over 48"

Post by TNT » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:26 am

Paul Drabek wrote:What no more bottoming out my van in the parking lot? No more potholes that put those on the Dan Ryan expressway in Chicago to shame? Wow!
In part of the parking lot yes. From what I could tell from I 44 it looked like they did part of the lot behind hurricane harbor as well.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:40 pm

Good because it looked like they were testing missiles back there behind HH!

johnny.ink
Ride Operator
Custom Title: Negative G Charity Coordinator & Engine Man

Post by johnny.ink » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:59 pm

Glad to hear Eagle is getting some love. I wonder when it was last retracked, or fixed up? Any more info on Boss getting some I-Box treatment or was that just a rumor from last year?

I thought it was from the park though...

Draven and I can't wait to come on down and ride the rides at St. Louis. Looks like we might be waiting until September this year since April and May are pretty booked up for us with SpringCon.

I do know June through August are usually hellacious in St. Louis, so not sure I wanna brave those temps with humidity down there :)

Good TR Greg!