TR: Go Bananas, Safari Land and Portillos 1-17-2014

Write about your adventures, your experiences, your fun at amusement parks, theme parks, coasters and pretty much anywhere else.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

TR: Go Bananas, Safari Land and Portillos 1-17-2014

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:37 am

Hey everyone!

We are up here in my hometown of Chicago for ACE's No Coaster Con and there are several coasters at a few family entertainment centers in the Chicago area so we decided to score a few credits and have some mid winter fun.

Joining Bond and I was Johnny.ink, his son Draven, Munjo, and for just Go Bananas was CoasterDemon and The legendary Waterboy.

After a little traffic Bond and I got to John's place and shortly after Munjo arrived. We hopped back in the -G Van and rolled off to Go Bananas where Waterboy and CoasterDemon were waiting. Go Bananas was like Zonkers and Wonderpark...it was your standard FEC with a few video games, kids games, a play area, party rooms and a few rides including a Python Pit.

We got there and found Waterboy and Demon and chatted for a bit. Waterboy gave me a sweet Iron Rattler shirt for my upcoming birthday and eventually we got around to riding. The Python Pit was pretty standard but fun. The ride is basically a lift, spiraling drop, hill, downward helix followed by a turn through a dark room and then into the station/brakes. You get 3 laps for $3.75 which is not bad for a quick credit.

Waterboy and CoasterDemon had hit our next stop so after some more chatting and goodbyes we were off to our next stop...(dramatic pause)...Safari Land!!!

Safari Land is a super sized FEC with a ton of games, bowling lanes, pool tables, indoor go kart track, bumper cars, play area, party rooms, a full sized Tilt A Whirl and a really really kick ass coaster called the Tiger Terror. Tiger Terror is a massively long Widsom Rides kids coaster. It has a 22 foot tall spiral lift and some wicked lateral g forces and a hill with some kick your rear negative-G's. It was wicked fun and like the Python Pit. Safari Land was so cool the thought occurred to have a -G night there where we score some arm bands for rides and tokens for games and have a night if it.

After the rides and fun we needed to be fed so it was off across Safari Land's parking lot to a Chicago institution...Portillos Hot Dogs. OMG the food here is amazing. Bond and I are huge Italian Sausage/Italian Beef fans there and you can get them both in the Italian Combo while Bond who is going through a growth spurt inhaled two Italian beef's. There are Portillos all around the Chicago area and if you come to my home town it is a law that you have to go to one for at least one meal.

Well that is it for now. We are off to the No Coaster Con...there will be posts from there and pictures of last nights frivolities later.

Have fun!

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

Raptor29
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Brother of Millennium Force!

Re: TR: Go Bananas, Safari Land and Portillos 1-17-2014

Post by Raptor29 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:42 am

Sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you guys enjoy NCC!
Always stay true to your heart.

If your heart is coasters, never stop riding!