Cedar Point TR

Write about your adventures, your experiences, your fun at amusement parks, theme parks, coasters and pretty much anywhere else.

Moderator: illinois

Raptor29
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Brother of Millennium Force!

Cedar Point TR

Post by Raptor29 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:14 am

This TR lasts from June 23rd to June 26th.

My family and I left for Cedar Point at about 9:30. My family met up with some relatives who were coming as well soon after. When we got there, most of us got Starlight tickets and headed into the park for rides on Magnum, Blue Streak, Raptor and maybe a couple others I don't remember. The best thing we did that night was my first ever night ride on Millennium Force. On this ride, however, I didn't open my mouth at all or make a single noise, due to several trains before us saying, "The bugs are out tonight!" It was still awesome.

On the real day one, we gave Millie one ride then went over to Gatekeeper. It wasn't the best wait. When we finally got on, I couldn't get completely comfortable with the harness. However, I quite enjoyed it. This next part made me a little mad. Once we got on the break run, I squirmed around in my seat and FINALLY got comfortable. Near the middle of the day, we went to Soak City waterpark since we were staying at Camper Village. Soak City was an ok waterpark, but my parents always say that Wildwater Adventure is better, and I agree with them. We all went on the Lazy River and wavepool, while my sister and I went on Erie Falls as well. After getting some dinner, we went back into the park and rode Top Thrill Dragster, Wicked Twister, and maXair.

Day two was an awkward day after about 2 o clock. We went in, got two Millie rides in a row and scored quite a few rides. We got Gemini in and went to try Maverick. Last year, I didn't like Maverick very much. But this year, it was a BLAST! This was one of few rides I had to take my glasses off for, which I kind of understood. In Mavericks shop, I saw the Cedar Point shirt of the year for me. It had an awesome picture on the front, and on the back, it listed most of Cedar Point's coasters and what year they were put in. I'll submit a pic later. After this we rode Skyhawk, which my mom liked. (She didn't like maXair so I'm saying she liked this one) Then we rode Mean Streak, which I now officially HATE! We then went back to our camper to eat lunch and take a load off. Shortly after, we went back to the waterpark. This part is funny but annoying. No more than a minute passed after we got in the lazy river when we heard thunder. The lifegaurds told us to keep going at a quicker pace until we got to the end. When we got out everyone was leaving and it was raining, but some people were staying. We got underneath the Zoom Flume and used it for cover. In a minute my father and I just got out into the rain and washed the chlorine off of us. After about 20 minutes of waiting we just went back to the camper. When we were crossing the parking lot we were talking about the lightning rods on a couple coasters and how cool but scary it would be if one was struck by it.Then I pointed at Mean Streak and said,"I wouldn't mind it if THAT coaster was struck by lightning." The rain soon passed. Me, my dad and two of my cousins went back into the park to score some last rides. My mom and sister went back in to shop. When my group came back out we had scored one ride on Magnum due to most ride being closed for various reasons. So my dad, my aunt and one of my cousins went into Soak City. We rode the Lazy River, then went to grab a ride on Zoom Flume. That ride is crazy and intense! It throws you up against the walls so far it's like you're going to go over the side! Who knew a waterslide could have airtime? After that crazy ride, my aunt and cousin went back to the campground, leaving my dad and I to ride the Dragster H2O, the best slide in Soak City. My dad won, of course, due to a massive weight advantage. :wink:

All in all, another great trip to Cedar Point. Please ask questions if you were wondering about something, since I kind of just slapped this together.
Thank you, for managing to read this whole thing. :D
Always stay true to your heart.

If your heart is coasters, never stop riding!

Greg
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Am I negative?

Re: Cedar Point TR

Post by Greg » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Sounds like a fun family outing.
Greg

Raptor29
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Brother of Millennium Force!

Re: Cedar Point TR

Post by Raptor29 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:46 am

It was.
Always stay true to your heart.

If your heart is coasters, never stop riding!