July Silver Dollar City

Write about your adventures, your experiences, your fun at amusement parks, theme parks, coasters and pretty much anywhere else.

Moderator: illinois

TNT
Over 48"

Re: July Silver Dollar City

Post by TNT » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:31 pm

The train is a must ride, just watch out for the train robbers :wink:

All the coasters are a must ride and you have to go on The Giant Barn Swing and Tom and Huck's RiverBlast(you will get wet)

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Post by CptBeeble » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Is "The Flooded Mine" the cave tour that starts up near the front of the park?
I've never done that.

If not, where is that ride? I don't think I've seen it.

TNT
Over 48"

Post by TNT » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:26 pm

TC10K wrote:Is "The Flooded Mine" the cave tour that starts up near the front of the park?
I've never done that.

If not, where is that ride? I don't think I've seen it.
The Flooded Mine is a dark ride that has targets you can shoot at. It is right next to the train station.

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:08 am

The cave is Marvel Cave. We are definitely going to visit that!

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Ok! Today is my 3rd day at Branson! The seven hour drive was ok, and didn't seem too bad. We just settled and ate dinner at Red Lobster that night. The next morning...
Silver Dollar City! I was super excited! We started with Marvel Cave. It is beautiful, and very fun and creepy. Our guide was Charley, and he was very silly and friendly.
We then hit The Flooded Mine. I got a score of 8300, may dad 9000, my sister didn't get how to aim, and my mom stopped shooting and watched the scenery.
Then The Train. The Boen brothers sure are a hoot! The people here definitely know how to make you smile.
Then we went to Fire in the Hole. Beware of the last drop, you WILL get wet, possibly soaked. My dad and I took the front seat. This is my 8th coaster.
Dad and I then headed over to Powder Keg. What a rush! I was so nervous. When we started lifting sideways onto the launch, I told my dad I hated and loved him. The launch scared me to heck, as it was weird being thrust forward, and not with normal gravity. After the first flying hill, I held my hands up and kept yelling "woohoo!" and stuff like that. My 9th coaster.
Dad and I then headed to Grandfather's Mansion. Grandpa really needs to work on that place. It was weird. I did lay on the bed and had a small bit of a hard time getting up.
I think we went to American Plunge next, which was a fun log chute. I really like the Log Chute at mall of America though. This did get us very wet. (Fire in the Hole was worse though.)
I think this is when we went to eat at the Mine restaurant. It was a BBQ buffet, although I liked the mini corn dogs and pulled pork the best. It was very yummy and the waitress was sweet.
We then checked out the candy store, the jewelry store, (Dad and I went on the Swinging Bridge during that) and the Christmas House. We walked through the Imagination Station into the Grand Expo.
My sis and I rode the Teacups, I rode the Disko (very fun indeed, I loved it).

AND... For my 10th coaster ever...

The Grand Exposition Coaster!
My sis and I rode it together. It was very jerky and fun. I like the entrance to the helix, as it tosses you up. I thought it was a nice 10th coaster.
That's pretty much it for that day.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:37 pm

So I take it you are working up to Outlaw Run?
Life is short....have fun!

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Post by CptBeeble » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:09 pm

How old are ya, Spencerman?

Geez, when I was 9, my count was THREE.

(Serpent, Dexter Frebish, Texas Cyclone - how's THAT for a third coaster???)

I don't think I got ten coasters until I was in high school.

Greg
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Am I negative?

Post by Greg » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Sounds like a fun day, but tomorrow will be even better. Sit in the last row of Wildfire. DO NOT miss Thunderation. You will love Outlaw Run. My 8 year old rode it over a dozen times this year and he loves it, so don't be a wuss. Above all, Have fun!! Also, the rapids ride, Lost River of the Ozarks, is one of the best. Ride it, but you will get wet.
Greg

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:31 pm

I personally do not do the giant swings, but from what I hear you need to ride the Giant Barn Swing while you are there too.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:51 pm

TC10K wrote:How old are ya, Spencerman?

Geez, when I was 9, my count was THREE.

(Serpent, Dexter Frebish, Texas Cyclone - how's THAT for a third coaster???)

I don't think I got ten coasters until I was in high school.
Bond passed 200 in January when he was just 12. But I didn't hit 100 until 13 years ago.

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:12 am

Oh don't worry. We are going to SDC early today, trying to get there at 9:30 so we can ride Outlaw Run! To get an early start. I feel a bit fearless. We will also ride TNT later today, maybe after a dog show. (This is why we are going today) The ride that I don't think we will ride is Wildfire. That scares me for some reason. We may ride it though. We will not ride Giant Barn Swing, as my dad is afraid of getting sick.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:15 am

Spencer if you can handle Outlaw Run then Wildfire will be a piece of cake. It is smooth and fun not intense.

Have fun!

Paul

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Just wow. Today we came early. We saw the very nice opening ceremony. A man raised the American flag, people (including me) recited the Pledge of Allegiance, and they played Star Spangled Banner. It was a good way to start.
Okay, now to the rides. My dad and I went over to Outlaw Run! The line looked very long, all the way out of the queue. But that was because the queue wasn't open. We were on the third train of the day, dead middle. I was panicking. Dad thought I was joking but I wasn't. And we started climbing. The lift is super quick. Then down we went on the 81 degree drop. At the bottom I couldn't even breath. Maybe it's because I'm not used to the forces. But as we started climbing the overbanked turn, my hands shot up and I was yelling "oh yeah!" and "woo hoo!" It was insanely epic! I liked it all, but my favorite was probably the overbanked turn and the sideways airtime. This coaster is my favorite coaster ever! Outlaw Run surpassed the Outlaw.
After this we went to TNT, which was very fun. It lasted a long time, and it was a good way to relax.
Over at the Grand Expo, I rode the Wave Carousel. It was kind of "meh" as I waited for during 2 cycles for what felt like a short ride. Loading and Unloading took forever, too.
We then watched a show as a family! It was a Stunt Dog show, and we all enjoyed it. It made us miss our little booger at home.
Our last ride was the Flooded Mine again. This time we didn't shoot at all. The scenery was very fun! You get to see more when you aren't paying attention to the guns.
We also checked out the older style cabins and petting zoo.
Now, I actually wanted to ride Wildfire, but my dad didn't want to waste time. I guess it is something to come back for.
I really wish SDC was way closer. It is by far my favorite park! It is beautiful, thrilling, and entertaining. I love how everybody is in character. People here really know how to give you a good time.

Now, go to SDC yourself!

PS, we only rode each ride once because it was a family trip and there are more things to see. Plus, my dad got a little queasy on the barrel rolls. :lol:

Greg
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Am I negative?

Post by Greg » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Spencerman, I've enjoyed reading your reports. You're a decent writer. I think it's funny that your dad didn't want to waste time with Wildfire. One of the best things about SDC is the wide offerings it has for so many types of people. I've been to the park countless times and I have never seen a show, probably never will. However I do love the shows as they help keep the coaster lines down. Also, one of the great things about SDC is the food. What did you eat? My all time favorite is the Family Feud Succotash. Many of their recipes are online. After a few attempts, I now like my succotash better than theirs. Anyway, Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you had fun.
Greg

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:25 pm

Yea!!! I knew you would love Outlaw Run! Great TR. Thanks for sharing.

Have fun!

Paul