TR: Silver Dollar City Friday April 19

Write about your adventures, your experiences, your fun at amusement parks, theme parks, coasters and pretty much anywhere else.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

TR: Silver Dollar City Friday April 19

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Hey all.

Chilling here in the hotel so here's a little TR for today.

We left at 4:30 am and got here a little after ten to find it windy and damn cold with temps in the low 40's. We headed to Outlaw Run but it was down...so was The Barn Swing...and Powder Keg but we finally got a ride on Thunderation after browsing through shops with Carrie and catching a show by some Russian musicians who were really good (it's World Fest time). Thunderation rocked as usual then Bond and I dragged Carrie on the Flooded Mine which she liked. I did kick Bonds ass again with well over a million points to his 7000 but I know the super secret 500,000 point target.

Bond and I left Carrie to shop and headed down to Outlaw Run to see about getting a ride. It was not running but after a few testing began so we got in line and just sat there until it opened about twenty minutes later. Bond and I headed to the back seat and WOW what a kick ass perfect ride. Te air coming off of the lift is ejector and unlike the Intamin hybrids but unlike those trains the restraints on Outlaw Run do not hurt when you're shot up into them. It's hard to put together the entire layout after a couple of rides as insanely twisted that it is. The air is all extreme and getting shot out of your seat while sideways is just sick and that turn is my favorite part of the ride. My second favorite part of Outlaw Run is the second corkscrew. The train just crawls through it and the hang time is extreme. Just keep your arms up and hang there.

Outlaw Run just rocked our world and I think I may have a new #1 wooden coaster. There are more rides needed especially at night to clarify it is my new #1 but the magic 8 ball says "Signs Point To Yes".

For the rest of the day we went around the park with Carrie hitting Powder Keg for a couple of laps. We took her on Fire In The Hole which was her first new coaster is probably a decade and we all got on the train for a really funny robbery as the actors kept flubbing their lines and cracking each other up.

We left SDC around three as Carrie was wearing out but Bond and I went back for some more rides. Unfortunately Outlaw Run was down again as well as Powder Keg so we took a couple of laps on Wildfire, battled it out on the Flooded Mine and had one last ride on Thunderation before calling it a day.

It was an awesome day and we're going back for two more days before heading home.

Hopefully Outlaw Run performs tomorrow as I REALLY want more!

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

Waterboy
Ride Operator
Custom Title: Make me WET!

Re: TR: Silver Dollar City Friday April 19

Post by Waterboy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Sounds like you all had a great, but chilly day.

MikeE
Kiddie Rider

Post by MikeE » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Does this mean you won't be there for the coaster weekend May 3-5? Gonna be a ton of fun!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:55 pm

I wish we could go but Bond's Science Fair project (his first one ever) got first place at regionals and advanced to state which is that very weekend. That's why we're here now. I wish I could be there but this is more important.

Oh Mike we will be at WOF on June 8 and 9 as we're doing Coasting For Kids at Worlds of Fun and it'd be awesome to meet up with you all that weekend.

mikeau98
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by mikeau98 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Sounds great. Hopefully I will make it out there sometime this year (looks like my Coasting for Kids plans may be changing)

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:54 am

mikeau98 wrote:Sounds great. Hopefully I will make it out there sometime this year (looks like my Coasting for Kids plans may be changing)

Hopefully not as we were looking forward to sitting on Prowler for two hours with you.