A Wonderful Day at Hersheypark!

Write about your adventures, your experiences, your fun at amusement parks, theme parks, coasters and pretty much anywhere else.

Moderator: illinois

scooby305
Over 52"
Custom Title: The member formerly known as Scoobywoof83

A Wonderful Day at Hersheypark!

Post by scooby305 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:05 pm

Ok, so my last 2 amusement park trips with my husband had to be ended shortly because he has a lot of pain management issues, especially in his feet and legs. So this time around he wanted to ensure us a full day at a park and got one of those rascal/scooter things and a wristband for guests with disabilities. He was a little embarassed at first because of the scooter, but he got over it quick when we started having fun. I think the way they do it is totally fair. You go to a ride and get an appointment to come back, so you still have to wait, just not standing in one spot in line. You also get to sit where you want when you come back up, so it allowed us front seat rides that we had never gotten before. I am so grateful that Hershey offers this for guests with disabilities, otherwise we would not have been able to stay as long as we did, we were there from 10am-11pm and had a BLAST. We got plenty of coaster rides in as long as a few flat rides.The park was crowded, but not as bad as I've normally seen it on a Saturday. It was also pretty cool to get a peek at the construction of Skyrush. One of the highlights of the day was not having to make an appointment for Lightning Racer as there was NO line at all. We rode it 3 times in a row! I also have to add for you boomerang haters, Sidewinder got the new Vekoma trains for it's 20th birthday, and it definitely makes it a smoother more enjoyable ride! The only disappointing thing for me was that apparently I'm the only one in the group who loved Sooper Dooper Looper. It's just sentimental for me. It was my favorite as a kid.

We also checked out Zoomerica while there. As many times as I've been to Hershey, I never checked out their zoo. I'm glad I did, it's very nice and its a nice little break for your body from coasters lol.

Fahrenheit x3
Storm Runner x3
Lightning Racer x3
Great Bear x2
Sooper Dooper Looper x2
Comet, Wild Mouse, Trailblazer, Sidewinder, Flying Falcon, Coal Cracker,and The Claw x1
No rides on the Wildcat. Everytime we ride that one we end up in pain.

Greg
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Am I negative?

Re: A Wonderful Day at Hersheypark!

Post by Greg » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Looks like you had a fun visit. Of the parks I have yet to visit in the USA, Hershey ranks #2. I'm semi planning a visit there next May or June.
Greg

Waterboy
Ride Operator
Custom Title: Make me WET!

Post by Waterboy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Great TR Jason.

Swarthout
Over 48"

Post by Swarthout » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:06 pm

I love superdooperlooper as well. Whats even better is that SDL and LR almost never have longer than 5-10 minute waits.