American Adventures

Talk about RCT1, RCT2 and RCT3 here. For realz.

Moderator: illinois

DropZone99
Over 36"
Custom Title: CCI♥

Re: American Adventures

Post by DropZone99 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:45 pm

--------------------
Well the fourth of July is quickly approaching! This years will be very special with America turning 200! American Adventures will be holding a big fireworks show and have discount tickets! Indiana Adventures Camp Ground will have a big BBQ and summer activities such as corn-hole, canoeing, and swimming. American Adventures Amusement Park and Indiana Adventures Camp Ground will be where all the fun is at this fourth of July!
The park has been pretty low on attendance on weekdays
The County Fair received tons of Union flags
Appalachia received Confederate flags
One area that is always popular is our huge kids area, it's actually the busiest area in the park so we plan on expanding it in the next few years.
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Intimidator|Patriot|Millennium Force|Goliath|Volcano|Mystery Mine|Raging Bull|Mamba|Top Thrill Dragster
Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Cornball Express|Raven|Evel Knievel|Georgia Cylone|Prowler|Legend|Boardwalk Bullet|Thunderhead
CC:134

DropZone99
Over 36"

Post by DropZone99 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:39 pm

--------------------
This past weekend was the fourth of July. American Adventures received record attendance, even more than opening day! Indiana Adventures Camp Ground also received record attendance, and it was opened over five years before American Adventures was! Since the day was so jam-packed, I couldn't really wander around to park and take too many photos but I did take a few!
First of all, just a few weeks ago we decided to add a Liberty Bell replica to go along with the name "Liberty Square". We just got it finished the day before fourth of July!
Midwestern Tour Vintage Cars was pretty popular throughout the day
Appalachia was the place to be to watch the fireworks!
The fireworks were beautiful
It must of been a memorizing ride on Double Loop for these guests!
We stayed open until midnight every day this weekend, most guests stayed until closing. We really enjoyed celebrating America's 200th. birthday this way, we actually decided we will have a fourth of July celebration with fireworks and activities each year for now on!
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Intimidator|Patriot|Millennium Force|Goliath|Volcano|Mystery Mine|Raging Bull|Mamba|Top Thrill Dragster
Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Cornball Express|Raven|Evel Knievel|Georgia Cylone|Prowler|Legend|Boardwalk Bullet|Thunderhead

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:38 pm

I really enjoy your almost role playing the story of your park. it almost reminds me of Longworld and Dave's Dominion fantasy parks of the ole days of rec.roller-coaster but those were done tounge in cheek (especially with Longworld and Todd's "Big Woodie" coaster and the Old Milwaukee Wonders of Nature exhibit which was a bunch of rats living in this huge pile of old Old Milwaukee cans) and you're taking this story seriously.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

DropZone99
Over 36"

Post by DropZone99 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:13 pm

--------------------
It's now late August and the park is going to close after Labor Day weekend. Any visitors in the past few weeks may have noticed some dirt next to Liberty Square. This construction site is part of a small expansion to Liberty Square for 1977.
With summer coming to an end, the park is starting to not be as busy as people are preparing for school
Double Loop's queue was only about 20 minutes
Since it's so hot outside, all the trees in Appalachia provide great shade
If you look closely, you can see some of the dirt. We will keep you updated on what is coming in 1977!

DropZone99
Over 36"

Post by DropZone99 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:34 am

---------------------
April 10, 1977, Indianapolis Star
American Adventure in Mooresville just had it's opening day for 1977 yesterday. Many guests were expecting a new roller coaster or thrill ride but came to the park to find something different... The popular park built a new 'cinema' for live shows, a small petting zoo with horses, a sit down restaurant on the water, and a new Antique Photo shop. It may sound like the park went easy on money this year, but actually of this cost a couple million. New at Kings Island near Cincinnati, Ohio is 'The Screamin' Demon' a steel launched shuttle looping roller coaster. Kings Island expects it to bring in many people, including people from the Indianapolis area. Will Kings Island's new mega coaster affect American Adventure's attendance?, we think so.

The first new thing you may notice is the sign saying "Have a nice day", it was added for this season. The Liberty Bell was added mid-last year.
The big building that resembles a court-house is the new theater. The barn is part of the petting zoo.
The inside of the theater's lobby is close to being done, all that needs to be added are the signs advertising what show is playing.
Last year the park interviewed people asking them what the park needed, many guests said the park lacked multiple places to eat. So the park built a huge new restaurant on a lake by Appalachia and Jolly's Circus.
The last new thing for 1977 is the Grist Mill Antique Photos.
One neat thing about the small pond next to the Mill is that you can feed the fish that live in it.

More photos and details will be released soon from the park.

I won't have another update for probably another week or so because I will be at Kings Dominion, Carowinds, Six Flags Over Georgia, and Dollywood.

beastbass
Over 52"
Custom Title: Bass and bass may be spelled the same, but they're pronounced differently.

Post by beastbass » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:48 pm

I gotta say, I really enjoy reading the updates. :D

DropZone99
Over 36"

Post by DropZone99 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:24 pm

beastbass wrote:I gotta say, I really enjoy reading the updates. :D
Thank you!

----------------
August 1977
Although this year's additions are doing really well with guests, it's not bringing in the amount of people we were expecting. Sadly, we have decided that the petting zoo will not return next year, and the theater will not show as many shows. Don't get too upset though because there will be a few new things next year!

The park entrance area is just about empty and it's just a little after park opening
Even the most popular rides have empty seats
The usual most crowded area looks empty
Even the popular State Fair section has had a drop in attendance

DropZone99
Over 36"

Post by DropZone99 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:33 pm

--------------
Indianapolis Star, April 15, 1978

Last year American Adventures in Mooresville experienced a drop in attendance, many people including the park it's self feared the park may not reopen for the 1978 season. Luckily, American Adventures and a company called Arrow Dynamics came together to build something new the hopefully boost park attendance.

Although we can't release the name of the new attraction, we can tell you what it's like! First of all, it's replacing the petting zoo that was on Liberty Square last season. The park went all out on landscaping for 1978. You start off at the end of Liberty Square and walk down a curved midway filled with landscaping and a creek along the side. Once the curved path ends, you end up in a pilgrim village, all of the buildings look like they are from yesteryear with straw roofs and clay walls. A rescued carousal from a now closed park made it's way to Indiana and now lives as the centerpiece of the new area.

Next to the carousal is a big restaurant serving Thanksgiving type food. There is a few tables indoors, but there are tons of tables on the outdoor patio which is along a small pond. This area is very scenic.

Just down the midway from restaurant, you start to notice the landscaping stops, and overgrown trees start to appear. Your now somewhere in the woods. Than out of no where, steel roller coaster track appears. This is the main attraction for 78'! The coaster is themed to make you feel like Lewis and Clark exploring the now United States of America. You will have to climb mountains, dive down ravines, make your away across water, near dodge trees, and even come face to face to a monstrous waterfall! Will you make it across the un-explored land, or will you be hunted down by Indians or bears?

This new scream machine isn't near as big as Cannonball or Double Loop, but instead it's a family coaster that is fun for everyone, with a few thrills mixed in! It's a big investment American Adventures made to bring in guests, and we think it will definitely do the job!

American Adventures opens to the public next weekend, we all hope to see you there!

DropZone99
Over 36"

Post by DropZone99 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 am

---------------
April 24, 1978
Welcome to our third season, and for sure our best one yet! Not only did we build a brand new steel coaster, but we improved the park's landscaping, added more benches and trash cans, built a whole new area with a restroom, carousal, and a huge restaurant! American Adventures has expanded over 3 acres with the expansion!

When you arrive at American Adventures, the first thing you will notice is that we have improved our entrance by adding turnstiles, new benches, and trashcans.

Where the petting zoo was in 1977 is now a beautiful midway filled with landscaping. The path curves it's way to a pilgrim village. The first thing you will notice is a carousal with a straw roof. This carousal is actually a historic landmark and was saved from a park that is now closed. On the left side of the village is a unique restroom that resembles a classic church. On the other side of the village is the second largest restaurant in the park, that serves Thanksgiving style food, and has water front seating.

The main attraction lurks in the backwoods though! The Great Western Expedition, a 55' mine train steel coaster built by Arrow Dynamics makes it's way through this rugged landscape. It features two lift hills, the first one 40' tall, the second 55' tall. The top speed is 30mph. and the rides comes extremely close to a rushing waterfall! The Expedition (for short) won't disappoint!

American Adventures Amusement Park is currently open weekends, but will open daily Memorial Day weekend! Season passes are also on sale, so get yours today and enjoy unlimited visits to American Adventures and ride The Great Expedition, and your favorites such as Cannonball and Double Loop, all season long!
More soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL14KV_i ... tube_gdata