[RCT2] Adventure City

Talk about RCT1, RCT2 and RCT3 here. For realz.

Moderator: illinois

DBru
Over 48"

[RCT2] Adventure City

Post by DBru » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:29 am

After quite a long hiatus from RCT2 (any of the coaster games, really), I'm glad to be back with this new project. With school going on, I haven't had much time to work on parks and coasters, and I can't promise that I will have a lot of time to work on them in the near future, but I believe I have a pretty good start on this one, and plan to continue it for quite a while.

--------------------------

Welcome to Adventure City Amusement Park! Nestled back in the small town of Dunbar, WV, right outside of Charleston, this family park has recently debuted under the ownership of Virgil and Margaret Fairfield.

Adventure City is a medium-sized park built along the edge of a large lake. It is home to 2 roller coasters and many family rides. Though there is no set theme, the Fairfields are strong nationalists, and their patriotism can be all throughout the area.

The entrance plaza is decorated vibrantly in red, white, and blue. American flags are placed on the roof-tops of multiple buildings.

The park's premier attraction is Shooting Star, a wooden coaster from John Allen and the Philadelphia Toboggan Company. The coaster looks amazing at night with its display of bright lights and shining stars on the lift hill.

The Boston Tea Party (HUSS Pirate) and Lakeview Restaurant are located right outside the entrance area.

The Whip, Lakeside Carousel, and Jumpin' Jamboree (spider) rides can be seen here, lining the park's midway. Adventure City's setting on the lake is just beautiful.

The park's second coaster is the Wild Rodent, a wooden wild mouse. With its sharp turns, sudden vertical plunges, and unexpected tunnels, this is truly one of the most insane rides in the world.

The Fairfields are very anxious to hear your comments on their latest creation.
-Daniel

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Re: [RCT2] Adventure City

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:44 am

Makes me want to reinstall RCT2. It's a rainy day maybe I'll do that and besides Bond could play it.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

DBru
Over 48"

Post by DBru » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:28 pm

Thanks, Paul!

Just keep in mind, though...once Bond starts playing, he won't be able to stop. Haha
-Daniel

IndianaJoe
Senior Park Management
Custom Title: Just a Dude.

Post by IndianaJoe » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:19 am

Do they have RCT or a clone of it for the Mac? Cause that looks like fun.
Wile E. Coyote...Suuuuper Genius!

DBru
Over 48"

Post by DBru » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Sadly, I don't believe they make RCT2 for Mac.
-Daniel

DBru
Over 48"

Post by DBru » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:19 pm

With such a successful first season, the Fairfield family were very pleased with Adventure City, and decided to move ahead with expansion plans.

Debuting in 1975 is Land of the Lost, a whole new section of the park. The area is home to three family attractions, including a world-class log flume ride, immense theming, and a large building that contains delicious food selections, more bathrooms, and a first-aid station.
"This addition will nearly double the size of Adventure City Amusement Park, and we hope each of our guests will enjoy it as much as we expect them to," stated park Co-President, Margaret Fairfield.
New for 1975 is Land of the Lost.

Pictured are the classic scrambler ride, Timber Twister, and the large convenience building.

Forrest Fire is a fun round-up ride.

The premier attraction for this year is Lost Mill Log Flume.

This OD Hopkins flume ride takes riders back into a deep forest, following an abandoned log chute that connects two large saw mills.

Here you can see two major features of the ride: a long, underground tunnel, and the ride's largest drop into the splash finale.

The Fairfields hope that you can make it out to the park for its second season.
-Daniel

DBru
Over 48"

Post by DBru » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Sorry for such a long wait...it takes me forever to do an update, because zero/restore clearances only works about once every three times I use 8cars...

--------------------------------

New for the parks third season is Kid's Kove, a nice, secluded little area settled in a large valley, surrounded by sloping hills, filled with many family rides, fun shows, nice scenery, and good food.

The entrance to the new children's area.

The main attraction in Kid's Kove is the Adventurer, an exciting family coaster from Zierer.

Hotspot is a family favorite!

An overview of the entire new area.

See you next season!
-Daniel

DBru
Over 48"

Post by DBru » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:16 am

-Daniel