When I get home I am going to start work on a woodie.

Talk about RCT1, RCT2 and RCT3 here. For realz.

Moderator: illinois

ahoffman50
Park Chain CEO

Post by ahoffman50 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:03 pm

This one is looking better. With that tall of a lift hill I would think that your coaster could do more. For example at the end, rather than just make two turns bank it the other way and wind through the track like you did after the first drop.
Great Wooden Coasters | Great Steel Coasters
Top Wood Coaster: The Raven | Top Steel Coaster: Patriot
A special place for kids with terminal illnesses: Give Kids the World Village

TheKlockster
Ride Operator

Post by TheKlockster » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:03 pm

I played with RCT2 today for the first time. I opened the first challenge - Sherwood Forest - and erected a woodie to add to its collection of rides. It was pretty cool - not a boring layout at all. It also had some airtime. Then of course, being me, I began to construct an Arrow Corkscrew next door...

I noticed a train going up the lift of my woodie - Timber Terror. There were eight people on the ride - and they were ALL sitting in the last 2 cars! :lol: Must have been some of those holi-fanboys! :lol:

Hepta
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by Hepta » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:21 pm

I'm sorry to say this, and not to be mean, but there's no other way to say it. Your coasters suck. There short, unrealistic, under supported, underthemed, theres no station, the list could go on forever. I recomend you visit http://www.rctfusion.com and download some of the parks. You'll get an idea of what i'm talking about. If you try to say you can't build stations, just practice. All I will do is tell you how to make it better. I'm not trying to make enemies here, and im not an expert myself, but I strongly suggest you put as much time into making a realistic, fun, wellthemed, etc. ride as you put into the drawing. Good luck.

Raven
Over 52"

Post by Raven » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:24 pm

www.nedesigns.com is also a great place. You will love it. It's were I get ideas. 8)
Go Raven!

Hepta
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by Hepta » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:57 pm

^ They have more RCT1 stuff but it's more advanced.
greetz
Hepta

Raven
Over 52"

Post by Raven » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:23 pm

umm no they don't. It's all rct2 If you look. I haven't seen a rct1 park there ever. I looked at the website you were talking about. Sorry to tell you I wasn't impressed on some of those parks. Alot of nedesigns stuff looks alot better. Take a look at it.
Go Raven!

OCD Posterchild
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by OCD Posterchild » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:30 pm

Hepta wrote:I'm sorry to say this, and not to be mean, but there's no other way to say it. Your coasters suck. There short, unrealistic, under supported, underthemed, theres no station, the list could go on forever. I recomend you visit http://www.rctfusion.com and download some of the parks. You'll get an idea of what i'm talking about. If you try to say you can't build stations, just practice. All I will do is tell you how to make it better. I'm not trying to make enemies here, and im not an expert myself, but I strongly suggest you put as much time into making a realistic, fun, wellthemed, etc. ride as you put into the drawing. Good luck.
Uh, that was harsh.
Image-Brian

ahoffman50
Park Chain CEO

Post by ahoffman50 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:35 pm

Wow the people that made those designs have way too much time on their hands. I can give them a few of my jobs to do to keep them occupied with something productive.
Great Wooden Coasters | Great Steel Coasters
Top Wood Coaster: The Raven | Top Steel Coaster: Patriot
A special place for kids with terminal illnesses: Give Kids the World Village

Hepta
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by Hepta » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:17 pm

Lol, I know it was harsh, and im not trying to make enemies, but there's no other way to get the point across.

And, when its .TD4, it's RCT1. Almost everything I've downloaded is RCT1.
greetz
Hepta

Raven
Over 52"

Post by Raven » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:12 pm

umm. your looking at the worng places then, if you say it's rct1. All the ones I download as of today are from rct2. lol. Yeah it was harsh. He is just having fun. Let him have it. That's the purpose of posting his creations . :D
Go Raven!

Hepta
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by Hepta » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:32 pm

I know I know. But seriously, it could be a little better...
greetz
Hepta

Spatch
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by Spatch » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:14 pm

I can remember getting the RCT1 demo and getting a feel for the interface and building some pretty, well, impractical designs. Because it was fun, and I was having fun building crazy stuff.

Later on, once I got the hang of the game, I was able to concentrate on making designs that were more realistic and rideable. My goals were constantly evolving -- from "make a coaster" "make a coaster that doesn't valley" to "make a coaster that peeps will ride" to "make a coaster that won't snap the peeps' necks."

I can't be the only one who played like this, and that's why I don't hold new players to my self standards of design and theming and stuff.
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em" - The Webb Wilder Credo

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:18 pm

Spatch wrote:I can remember getting the RCT1 demo and getting a feel for the interface and building some pretty, well, impractical designs. Because it was fun, and I was having fun building crazy stuff.

Later on, once I got the hang of the game, I was able to concentrate on making designs that were more realistic and rideable. My goals were constantly evolving -- from "make a coaster" "make a coaster that doesn't valley" to "make a coaster that peeps will ride" to "make a coaster that won't snap the peeps' necks."

I can't be the only one who played like this, and that's why I don't hold new players to my self standards of design and theming and stuff.

It is just like No Limits my first coasters sucked. They were painful, uber high g-force filled boring coasters but I learned from them and have improved on every coaster since then.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

TheKlockster
Ride Operator

Post by TheKlockster » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:00 pm

Too bad I can't post my first NL track... It was a recreation of Italian Job Stunt Track. It SUCKED. I had like 10 brake runs in it - to keep it from getting too heavy G force. It would make like 90 degree turns and stuff just about. Pretty much the worst possible job that can be done in NL.

terrehautian
Ride Manager

Post by terrehautian » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:44 pm

so, how do you create a park without the constrainsts of money and doing the objective?