Memories of a younger ACEr

Ah, the good old days. Share your memories of parks gone by, discuss the history of parks and rides.

Moderator: illinois

CoasterCale
Kiddie Rider

Memories of a younger ACEr

Post by CoasterCale » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:10 pm

It may be because I didn't pay attention before, but I have gotten some "last rides" in without knowing it. Without the helpful announcements of removals, I''ve noticed that I've been lucky. My first example is Iron Wolf, riding in early August 2011. The next would be Snow White's Scary Adventures and The Barnstormer while it was still at ToonTown Fair. Finally the most recent examples are Rolling Thunder and Cyclone, having ridden both in June 2013. So has anybody else had similar experiences?
15 parks and counting!!!

CoasterCale
Kiddie Rider

Re: Memories of a younger ACEr

Post by CoasterCale » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:13 pm

Also, the weird thing is that out of all these rides, the one I remember the most is Barnstormer. I'm wanting to say I made about a dozen laps before leaving the Magic Kingdom. Every time the train would come back into the station, the Castmembers would play Musical Chairs, and we would all switch seats. Fun Times!! :D
15 parks and counting!!!

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:39 pm

Off the top of my head I have, Ultra Twister, Texas Cyclone, Viper, XLR-8, Serial Thriller, Mayan Mindbender, Silly Serpent, Ozark Wildcat, Orient Express, Rattler, Psyclone (SFMM), Python (BGT), Buzzsaw Falls. I believe that's it.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Good Lord as long as I have been in this I not on.y have last rides but last parks like Astroworld, Old Chicago, Dispenses Kiddy Kingdom, Kiddieland, Geauga Lake and more. It sucks when you can't have one last ride. The worst was Astroworld as it was my park for a few years back in the 1980's and right after they announced it was to close for good I was in Houston on a work trip and they wouldn't let me change my flight so I could visit one more time. It really sucked.
Life is short....have fun!