lighning loops

Ah, the good old days. Share your memories of parks gone by, discuss the history of parks and rides.

Moderator: illinois

bradhig
Wood Coaster Rider

lighning loops

Post by bradhig » Wed May 07, 2008 9:22 pm

I first saw a photo of them in the Haunted Castle documentary on youtube

http://www.rcdb.com/ig151.htm?picture=1

What happened to them are they at seperate parks now?

LdScotsman
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by LdScotsman » Thu May 08, 2008 7:17 am

You were already at the right place for that information. If you check the facts page for each coaster on RCDB it will tell you if and where it was relocated. The upper one was relocated to Six Flags America and named Python where it ran through 1998 and is now in storage. The lower one was relocated to Frontier City and renamed Diamond Back and is still operating today.

They were removed after the 1992 season, the first year I ever went to Six Flags Great Adventure, so I did manage to ride them. There was also a fatal accident on the ride in 1987 in which a girl fell to her death. More info on it can be found on Wikipedia's page, just google Lightning Loops.

Tom
Various family pictures with many an amusement park trip thrown in. http://picasaweb.google.com/FlyingTurnsTom

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu May 08, 2008 12:26 pm

LdScotsman wrote:You were already at the right place for that information. If you check the facts page for each coaster on RCDB it will tell you if and where it was relocated. The upper one was relocated to Six Flags America and named Python where it ran through 1998 and is now in storage.
I believe that Python was put in "storage" at Old Indiana and then was scrapped when SF sold that property.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Fri May 09, 2008 4:40 am

Sadly the word 'Python' brought me back to the day when Arrow 'Python' at BGA was taken out of the park forever. :cry: