Photos of Angela Park, 20 years after closing.

Ah, the good old days. Share your memories of parks gone by, discuss the history of parks and rides.

Moderator: illinois

LdScotsman
Wood Coaster Rider

Photos of Angela Park, 20 years after closing.

Post by LdScotsman » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:05 am

IF YOU CLICK HERE it will take you to the 44 pictures I took this past weekend on the old Angela Park grounds in Drums, Pennsylvania. Just to inform you, the Valley Volcano roller coaster was not only razed to the ground, but the footers were all pulled out of the ground and dumped parallel to route 309 and left there. It's a giant fence of footers!!

I never went to Angela Park when it was open, so my ride location description is going by the pictures I have seen, if anyone sees the need to correct me feel free and I will take care of it.

Enjoy,

Tom
Various family pictures with many an amusement park trip thrown in. http://picasaweb.google.com/FlyingTurnsTom

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:15 pm

Hey Tom,

Nice pics. One of these days I need to get around to recreating the Valley Volcano.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

LdScotsman
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by LdScotsman » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:03 pm

From what I hear it's very similar to the Sea Dragon at the Columbus Zoo.

Tom
Various family pictures with many an amusement park trip thrown in. http://picasaweb.google.com/FlyingTurnsTom

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:25 pm

I would ask as 'How was Valley Volcano like?' since I am sort of just wondering. Was it kind of like a woodie with so many hills or dips? :)

LdScotsman
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by LdScotsman » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:57 pm

It was a John Allen built junior wooden coaster. Basically it was a wooden coaster that the whole family could enjoy, there are still a few of them that are operating. See some more pictures of it by CLICKING HERE.

Tom

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Post by dare-to-fly » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:21 pm

Looking at these pictures makes me feel the same way as I do when I look at Paul's Idora Park and Chippewa Lake Park pictures. It's like looking through a time lapse. You can actually see, hear, and feel the magic of the park for just an instant, and then you snap back to the reality of what you're seeing with a mellow, sad feeling in your stomach. It's almost a feeling of desperation, as if you want to do something, or anything, to bring a piece of it back.

Sora
Ride Operator

Post by Sora » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:41 am

Paul Drabek wrote:Hey Tom,

Nice pics. One of these days I need to get around to recreating the Valley Volcano.

Have Fun

Paul
Speaking of which, any news on the Erie Wildcat or Riverview's Kiddie Bobs?I (Yes, I know you are busy).

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:53 pm

Woodpecker wrote:
Paul Drabek wrote:Hey Tom,

Have Fun

Paul
Speaking of which, any news on the Erie Wildcat or Riverview's Kiddie Bobs?I (Yes, I know you are busy).
I haven't even had the chance to touch them, especially with 50 hour weeks the last month.

I need to get -G updated a bit more before diving back into No Limits.

Have Fun

Paul

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:14 pm

Soon we will get to see your updated photos. They are always amazing and we so can't wait. :)

Lilac
Kiddie Rider

Post by Lilac » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:33 pm

dare-to-fly wrote:Looking at these pictures makes me feel the same way as I do when I look at Paul's Idora Park and Chippewa Lake Park pictures. It's like looking through a time lapse. You can actually see, hear, and feel the magic of the park for just an instant, and then you snap back to the reality of what you're seeing with a mellow, sad feeling in your stomach. It's almost a feeling of desperation, as if you want to do something, or anything, to bring a piece of it back.

Wow- that is exactly the feelings I had looking at those photos, even though I'd never even been to that park.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:12 pm

Lilac wrote:
dare-to-fly wrote:Looking at these pictures makes me feel the same way as I do when I look at Paul's Idora Park and Chippewa Lake Park pictures. It's like looking through a time lapse. You can actually see, hear, and feel the magic of the park for just an instant, and then you snap back to the reality of what you're seeing with a mellow, sad feeling in your stomach. It's almost a feeling of desperation, as if you want to do something, or anything, to bring a piece of it back.

Wow- that is exactly the feelings I had looking at those photos, even though I'd never even been to that park.
Hey Lilac;

Welcome to the Negative-G Forums. Make yourself at home here.

Have Fun

Paul

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:29 am

I have been hoping as I really can drop at the park remains, as long as I won't do any kind of bad things as breaking through the wall with no being noticed by someone watching over. I would be just going to have a look at them outside the area, but it sounds like sort of a fun thing for me, since I will get to find them 'so classic and had a long history till being closed down forever, but they did a great job. They were all 'dream deliverers'. :(