Yet another John Miller coaster gone

Ah, the good old days. Share your memories of parks gone by, discuss the history of parks and rides.

Moderator: illinois

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Yet another John Miller coaster gone

Post by dare-to-fly » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:42 am

I'm happy that I got my very first ACE newsletter today...yay! :D

One thing I noticed right away was the title "A Tale of Two Jack Rabbits." Then on the inside pages "Sleep Tight Little Bunny." Anyone besides me read about the demolition of Clementon's Jack Rabbit? From the on-ride picture it looked like it had a great head-chopper if nothing else. (picture 1) Something tells me that this is yet another great coaster that went down the coaster drain.

It's a good thing there are additional awesome coasters being built on a regular basis. Just think of what we get to look forward to. I'm looking forward to Ravine Flyer II this year, and hopefully even Evel Knievel. There is also a new wooden coaster set to debut in 2009 at California's Great America (also mentioned in ACE News--picture 2). I'm certainly glad there are more wooden coasters being built as fast as they seem to disappear.

Here's one thing that brings me comfort. Do you suppose that a coaster enthusiasts heaven could consist of all the defunct coasters of the world. Could it be that when a coaster dies, it goes to heaven and that once a coaster enthusiast dies he gets to go ride all of the coasters that once thrilled the masses. Think of what a heaven that would be, and all the coasters that would be included. My, what a heaven that would be. Am I just weird for thinking about these things, or what! 8)

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:05 am

It's sad to hear as one of John Miller coaster, Jack Rabbit, has gone. It looked like a pretty rough woodie but those dips were kind of 'amazing'. :cry:

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Post by dare-to-fly » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:16 pm

Even if it's rough, I still love any coaster I ride.

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:17 pm

Even if you ride on the woodie that looks rough like Son of Beast? If I were you I would say as 'I'm okay to get on 99% woodie, but Psyclone, in my two cents, was a terribly one and don't want to imagine that I am getting many head bangs around. Can't tolerate and would throw up.

I have seen some Psyclone POV videos and they can tell as the ride is always in shakey motion and it was like 'what the ( censored )' :?