Found some Puritas Springs footage

Ah, the good old days. Share your memories of parks gone by, discuss the history of parks and rides.

Moderator: illinois

LdScotsman
Wood Coaster Rider

Found some Puritas Springs footage

Post by LdScotsman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:33 am

While checking out some Flying Turns footage from Euclid Beach I checked the related videos and found some footage of old Puritas Springs park, which closed in 1958 here in Cleveland, Ohio. It only has about 6 seconds of the Cyclone in motion but it does have a bunch of other rides as well. Part of it is in black and white the other part is in color. Rides include: Comet Jr., a NAD train, Whip, Tilt-A-Whirl, Tumblebug, Flying Scooters, Roll-O-Plane, Rock-O-Plane, a bunch of kiddie rides, Moon Rocket, and a ride called Spitfire, which looks like a Paratrooper but has planes instead of umbrellas. There is also plenty of footage from Jungle Larry as well.

FIND THE VIDEO HERE

Tom
Various family pictures with many an amusement park trip thrown in. http://picasaweb.google.com/FlyingTurnsTom

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:54 am

I thought as 'What a classic park.' since I could see lots of unique flat rides that are on the way out now. I've noticed as Rock O' Plane could be found on this video as well. : )

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Post by dare-to-fly » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:39 pm

What I wouldn't give to ride the Puritas Springs Cyclone just once! It looked like one wicked ride!

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:29 am

Cyclone was looking like a good ride as many parents had wanted to have their kids ride on. No matter how rough it was, I would think as there were lots of big air. :(