video on 1984 great adventure haunted castle fire

Ah, the good old days. Share your memories of parks gone by, discuss the history of parks and rides.

Moderator: illinois

bradhig
Wood Coaster Rider

video on 1984 great adventure haunted castle fire

Post by bradhig » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QndKjUVG ... re=related

I found a six part documentary on the haunted castle fire in 1984. Anyone remember this?

LdScotsman
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by LdScotsman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:44 pm

I actually remember seeing that on the news here in Ohio. That was the summer between my junior and senior years in high school. I recently did a search about it in the last couple of years and read some articles. Thanks for the link to youtube, a sad and tragic story and completely preventable.

Tom

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:43 am

a sad and tragic story and completely preventable.
Seems like there was a deathly accident. It's way too shame as this attraction had ripped some guests' lives off, not their fun, in this horrible fire. :cry:

bradhig
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by bradhig » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:38 pm

I asked the guy who made the video about the Haunted House that used to be at SFSTL and he said he was certain it was made by the same people who made the one at Great Adventure and was closed after the fire.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:09 pm

bradhig wrote:I asked the guy who made the video about the Haunted House that used to be at SFSTL and he said he was certain it was made by the same people who made the one at Great Adventure and was closed after the fire.
Where was the haunted house at SFStL? I had no idea they had one.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:13 pm

While looking around for part 6 I found this well done video about the accident at SFKK.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

millenium man
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by millenium man » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:24 pm

I watched these videos a few weeks ago and it is such a shame to see this could've been prevented but there was a lot of information on the videos.I would also like to see the part six of these too.
RIDE ON!

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:51 pm

This attraction could have been still up and doing if they were able to prevent this disaster as many guests had been killed inside that building. This has to be considered as 'one of the tragic accidents' at Six Flags. :cry:

LdScotsman
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by LdScotsman » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:20 pm

Part six? I'd be happy with part 5 working. Apparently part five has not worked in over a month now. You can look for part six, but you'd be busy for a while, it does not yet exist according to the author. It may come out this year.

Tom
Various family pictures with many an amusement park trip thrown in. http://picasaweb.google.com/FlyingTurnsTom

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:45 pm

We'll have to wait till 'Part 6' comes out. I've realized as we needed to know that tragedy, the worst incident at Six Flags. :cry:

bradhig
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by bradhig » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:28 pm

part 5 is working finally.

Greg
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Am I negative?

Post by Greg » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:59 am

Where was the haunted house at SFStL?
I think it was back near where Tidal Wave is today. My dad carried me through it as a kid. The only thing I remember was a scene where an old lady sat in a rocking chair and rats came out of her mouth.
Greg

bradhig
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by bradhig » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:13 pm

Greg wrote:
Where was the haunted house at SFStL?
I think it was back near where Tidal Wave is today. My dad carried me through it as a kid. The only thing I remember was a scene where an old lady sat in a rocking chair and rats came out of her mouth.
Yes it was there. I remember an actor jumping out and scarring people near the exit. It didn't seen nearly as long as the one at GA.

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:09 pm

Yes it was there. I remember an actor jumping out and scarring people near the exit. It didn't seen nearly as long as the one at GA.
It's so popular as an actor is always going to jump out and have people feel so scared in a Japanese Haunted House. ( Plus they ARE almost walk-ons, not flat rides. ) I was then almost going to pass out since I was so frightened, I mean I had saw 'TONS' of ghost till I had finished up that walk-on. Imagine what it's like to be followed by them inside the dark building which has no lights to guide us. :shock: